“Masquerade Ball & Casino Night”
Each year, Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF) hosts a fundraising event, A Promise of Hope Affair. In addition to dinner, there is a silent and live auction with dancing later in the evening. Our 16th annual A Promise of Hope Affair will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 6:00pm at the Newport News Marriott at City Center. This will be a fun-filled evening with an electronic bidding silent auction, dinner and drinks, casino gaming, and dancing... A night to be remembered!
All funds raised during this event provide financial support to our Direct Patient Services division, which helps patients obtain access to quality healthcare and overcome obstacles to that care such as:
- Securing pre-authorizations
- Resolving billing and coding issues
- Facilitating the appeals and denial process
- Coordinating benefits
- Negotiating free drug assistance
- Solving pharmaceutical access issues
- Arbitrating job retention issues to maintain benefits
- Identify coverage options for the uninsured, underinsured, and Medicaid eligible
Patient Advocate Foundation, was established in 1996 as a national 501(c) 3 organization with a mission of “safeguarding patients through effective mediation assuring access to care, maintenance of employment and preservation of their financial stability.” PAF serves as an active liaison between the patient and their insurer, employer and/or creditors to resolve insurance, job retention, and/or debt crisis matters relative to their diagnosis through case managers, doctors and health care attorneys.